This apprenticeship is for Freight Forwarding Specialist Level 3 with a focus on the sales. Please contact us for more details.
What will the role involve…
- Dealing with incoming calls from both customers and suppliers.
- Calling and emailing Shipping Lines/Hauliers/Partners for rates.
- Negotiating rates with customers and suppliers.
- Entering quotes into Cargowise in preparation for the operations team.
- Liaising with clients and providing a high-level, friendly service to our loyal client base.
- Dealing with a variety of commodities for all shipments
- Arrange Air, Road and Sea (FCL & LCL) Shipments
- English & Maths GCSE grade 4 or above
- Strong Communication Skills
- A good work ethic
- Organisational skills
- Highly motivated
- A good attitude to learning
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to work well as a team member and also manage own workload
None essential but would be an advantage
- A strong understanding of social media
- Outgoing personality
Salary : Above standard apprenticeship rates
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
Transport: On-Site Parking, Public Transport – Bus Route 103&103A to Wakefield Bus Station – 0.3 Miles (5 Minute walk), Train 0.8 Miles (Outwood Station, 15 Minute walk)